Several dedicated presidents have led CCCB in its history.
John W. Hall (1957–1959), a minister in Vandalia, Missouri, was charged with the task of setting the college in order. He selected the first faculty of five men, two of whom still teach for CCCB: Lloyd M. Pelfrey and Gareth Reese.
Grayson H. Ensign (1959–1966) made improvements in the administrative and bookkeeping procedures of the college. In addition, he was able to eliminate the first mortgage as well as purchase other property to provide room for expansion.
Walter L. “Jack” Spratt (1966–1972) led CCCB’s acquisition of the current campus property. Several buildings were erected during that time, including a Cafetorium (a combined cafeteria, library, and assembly area) and dormitories, which also housed classrooms.
Lloyd M. Pelfrey (1972–1998) worked to eliminate the debts from construction. In 1980, Memorial Hall (later renamed Pelfrey Hall) was completed, which housed offices, classrooms, food services, and a gymnasium. Initial accreditation with the Accrediting Association of Bible Colleges (now The Association for Biblical Higher Education) was received in 1982, with reaffirmations in 1987 and 1992.
Dr. Russell James (2000–2005) led CCCB’s transition to the Full-Tuition Scholarship Program with careful planning and successful fundraising. This contributed to a period of rapid growth, culminating in the highest enrollment in the institution’s history. During his tenure, the facilities were renovated and expanded. ABHE accreditation was reaffirmed in 2003.
Dr. Ron Oakes (2006–2013) led CCCB’s pursuit of regional accreditation, resulting in candidate status in 2013. Under his leadership, the Walton Student Center was constructed, online education was developed, and ABHE accreditation was reaffirmed in 2013.
Dr. David Fincher (2014–present) has focused on connecting with alumni, defining the institution’s vision, and implementing a five-year strategic plan.