Program Policies


Students choose their course of study by selecting a program (declaring a major). CCCB offers ministry programs and professional (also called marketplace ministry) programs:

Students follow the program requirements according to the Academic Catalog the year they enroll in the program. Upon admittance to CCCB, students are contacted by the registrar to select a program and begin the pre-registration process.

Catalog Year

Students who have an enrollment lapse of one semester or more may be graduated under the catalog in which they initially enrolled if they can complete the requirements within one year of the date their class would have been graduated. Otherwise, reactivating students will be required to complete the degree requirements of the current catalog at the time they re-enroll.

Students who change programs during continuous enrollment may have to change catalog years due to course availability and/or credit transfer. The registrar will determine the best option and makes the final decision.


Once a student has declared a major, the registrar creates a progress sheet for the student. The progress sheet is a Google Spreadsheet that lists all requirements for the student’s program and shows their progress through it. The document will also include progress for declared minors, additional certificates, and Saints Scholars. The Degree Audit is found on Populi and allows the student an opportunity to view progress toward his/her desired degree. 

The registrar enters all accepted transfer credits into the progress sheet and updates it each semester with the student’s progress. It is shared with the student, the student’s advisor, and the academic services office.

Students should refer to their progress sheets for pre-registration for each term. Courses are listed by division and ordered by the standard curriculum sequence. This helps students to know what order to take their courses.


Students are assigned an advisor according to their program. Students should cultivate a relationship with their advisor that carries them through their academic career into employment. The advisor for onsite students is their program director. The advisor for online students is the Online Advisor, who advises online students in scheduling and program policies.


Students may add one minor to a BA or a BS degree with the requirement of 15 additional credits. A student graduating with BA or BS degree and a minor will have 135 hours.  One minor may be added to a BRS degree with the requirement of at least 6 additional credits; nine credits of the minor may be completed as part of the student’s BRS requirements. A student graduating with BRS degree and a minor will have from 126-135 hours.

With the exception of the BRS degree, a course may not be counted for both the minor and the major. A course substitution may be approved in cases where there is overlapping requirements. 

A minor may be added after the student has reached 60 credits of progress towards a bachelor’s degree. A minor may not be added after bachelor degree requirements are completed. Students must submit a form to the registrar to add the minor. A student must maintain a 2.00 CGPA in order to continue participating in a minor. Students are not required to take an additional SME beyond what is included in their major.

Students may drop a minor by submitting a change of program form to the registrar.


Students may change their undergraduate program by submitting a change of program form to the registrar. Program changes may result in a change of SAP. Students should seek the advice of their advisor and/or the vice president of academics before changing.


Some of CCCB’s certificates and associate degrees have the same foundation as some of the bachelor degrees and will transfer easily into any of CCCB’s Bible and ministry programs. The same foundation allows students to chronologically earn a certificate, then decide to continue and earn an associate degree, and then decide to earn a bachelor’s degree. These are:

Students who are enrolled in a bachelor degree program are eligible to also earn one of the foundational certificates or associate degree. To do this, students must have completed the requirements for the additional certificate or associate degree and submit a change of program form to the registrar.